The example answers to Worksheet 8 are included below. Please complete the worksheet and then check your answers. Students that correct their work will be given full points. Corrections should be done in red pen.
Keep in mind that the answers below are examples. You should compare your sentences to these, but should not use these sentences exactly. Turning in this work as your own counts as plagiarism, and you will be disciplined for cheating.
1. Because no one is born with good manners, courtesy must be learned.
2. Once good manners are thoroughly learned, they become habitual.
3. Although it may be considered old-fashioned, it is still courteous to open doors for others.
4. Unless there is a valid reason, no one should be kept waiting.
5. If people use good manners, much unpleasant behavior can be avoided.
6. Someone who has learned not to interrupt another's conversation knows an important business skill.
7. Many jobs require good social skills, which include telephone etiquette.
8. It is polite to share information that would be helpful to co-workers.
9. Most employees enjoy working for a polite manager whose department is well run.
10. When people are treated with respect, they usually want to perform their jobs well.