This assignment is adapted from Springboard page 130, which reads:
- Write a brief summary of the literary and syntactical elements that contribute to a writer’s style. Be sure to do the following:
- Create a topic sentence that clearly introduces the topic
- Explain and organize the basic elements of style.
- Use at least one example of a style or syntactical element to illustrate your topic.
- For this assignment, you will use your current IR novel. I would encourage you:
- to use the Sample Style Analysis Essay (page 129) as a model.
- IGNORE THE LAST BULLET FROM SPRINGBOARD. Identify multiple elements and discuss them, just as the sample does, but DO HAVE evidence from the text