The example answers to Worksheet 21 are included below. Please complete the worksheet and then check your answers. Students that correct their work will be given full points. Corrections should be done in red pen.
Keep in mind that the answers below are examples. There may be multiple means of completing these corrections, and you should do them on your own first. Turning in this work as your own counts as plagiarism, and you will be disciplined for cheating.
1. Mitchell and her father studied the stars from an observatory on the roof of their house.
2. In 1847, Mitchell noticed a strange star where none had been before.
3. Plotting the object's coordinates as it moved across the sky, she thought it might be a comet.
4. Mitchell's father wrote a letter about his daughter's discovery to a Harvard University professor.
5. Father Francesco de Vieo of Rome, a Catholic priest, noticed the same comet two days after Mitchell did.
6. The king of Denmark awarded a prize for discovering a comet through a telescope to Father Francesco.
7. The king was unaware of Mitchell's discovery at the time of the award's presentation.
8. Reaching an agreement with the king, Mitchell received the prize a year later.