Complete a TYPED rough draft of your “Value of a College Education” argument
1. From Springboard:
Your assignment is to write an essay of argumentation about the value of a college education. Your essay must be organized as an argument in which you assert a precise claim, support it with reasons and evidence, and acknowledge and refute counterclaims fairly.
You should be sure to:
- Introduce a specific claim in the introduction (you may also choose to introduce the state of the debate)
- Make a structured argument that includes paragraphs that each attempt to prove a different aspect of your claim.
- Use embedded quotations in a variety of configurations.
- Use accurate punctuation and citation.
- Clear counterclaims with concessions and refutations.
BE SURE TO CONSIDER THE ARGUMENTS WE HAVE SEEN AS MODELS
CHECK YOUR RUBRIC! (pg 84)